the adventure continues:- drinking pretty fast, talking through the past and reminiscing……

Heading out of Brunswick heads early was a great decision. The weather was fabulous and I was really keen to catch up and have an early lunch with my nephew Aaron. He had stayed in touch with me on my whole journey on a regular basis.

The southern point of Coolangatta Beach……..

We had talked a lot about many things and discussed problem, processes and plans across 25 countries. We had organised to meet at a new cafe he had found on the Moreton bay foreshore in a little shopping plaza in Florence Street in Wynnum, Queensland. Kick Arse Coffee & High Fives is a great little “hipster styled” joint (lots of beards and tough stickers) with great coffee and great food for the “smashed avocado set”. We had brunch and it was great to see him for the couple of hours we spent. He’s a good young man and a super talented guitar player/singer.

Necessary selfie with “little nephew” Aaron, Miss K after our lunch……

Karine and I had a plan for the day and that was to reach Perigean Springs on the Sunshine Coast. We were going to catch up with an old school mate of mine and spend a couple of days hanging out. Tom and I met on our first day school back in 1971. We had lost touch for years and one day out of the blue, I sent him an email on LinkedIn when I located his profile on the site.

After 45 years you would think we would have grown up………this is what it looked like the first day we met in 1971.

We hung out and caught up over the next couple of days, eating, drinking and reminiscing about days gone by. I have never really been one to go way back into the past, but it seemed different with Tom. It just felt good to do.

Tom’s son Marc invited us to do the walk up to the summit of Mount Coolum with he and his friend Anna, which we jumped at. Karine and I needed to do something active. It was great to see the coast from this beautiful place. Unfortunately a fire had ripped through part of the mountain and the undergrowth was gone.

Mount Coolum after a recent fire……..

We also headed up to Noosa for a late lunch one afternoon and walked out to the headland in the Noosa Heads National Park. Spotting a very nice rock wall, Karine, Tom and I ventured down to the rock platform right next to the pumping sea and found the local bouldering area. Karine and I did a little barefoot bouldering while Tom relaxed up on a higher section of the coastline.

Miss K doing her thing…….handbag, camera and flip flops all at the ready.
Version 2
Barefoot bouldering on Noosa Point, right on the waterfront…..

Walking back to the car Karine had said she wanted to see a Koala in the wild. I walked a little further along the track and looked straight up at a beautiful and very cuddly Koala asleep in the fork of a small gum tree. It was fabulous to see.

Noosa National Park…..truly beautiful.

We spent the night relaxing and had an early one, so as to get up and get away on the next part of the journey. We were headed to the Fraser Coast and to my sister’s new house near Hervey Bay.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s